Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chemotherapy Done. Next steps.

Since my last post I have completed my last chemotherapy.  So that is all done and over with!  After that I had a couple weeks to relax and just focus on school.  Then on the 16th I went in for a PET/CT scan.  Today on the 18th I went in to the doctor for labs and to visit about that scan.  The news that I got wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it wasn't exactly bad news either.

The PET scan showed that I am -mostly- negative.  There were two spots that were brought up.  First, there is apparently a enlarged lymph node in my chest, however it is not PET positive, which I took as means it isn't really a problem.  Second, there was something in my neck still.  Two nodes were asymmetric, one was larger than the other.  This is what they want to look at closer.  So tomorrow morning, April 19th, I will go in to the hospital for a CT scan of the neck.  My oncologist was going to schedule an MRI of the neck, but was told to just do a CT scan instead.  I will also do another pulmonary function test to see how my lungs are after going through chemotherapy.

So that's where everything is at right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment