Monday, March 26, 2012

Chemotherapy # 11

At this time I have completed 11 of 12 sessions of chemotherapy.  Only one more to go, and I am excited to be done.  As soon as we landed coming back from Arizona we met up with my dad at the airport and he drove us to the cancer center for my chemo.  We got there a little early, but I checked in anyway.  After a short wait my labs were done and we went to talk to the doctor.  Then we went to chemo.  For the first time since my last chemo in Saint Cloud, Taylor was able to come.  It was nice having her there.  She won't be able to go to the last one, because of classes however.  Everything went fine, and we were out of there within a couple hours of arriving.

On the  23rd I had to go see the ENT who did my surgery.  Taylor came with.  After a quick checkup with him feeling my neck he asked if we had any questions or anything.  I asked if we could see the latest PET scan, because we had not been able to see the images before - only hearing/reading the report.  He showed both my first one, and the latest one.  Hearing the news on the report before was good, but actually seeing it for ourselves was awesome!  There was a lot of stuff in me on the first scan, and on the latest one it was pretty much nothing.  It was really neat to see, and he told us that I can go to records and have them burn the images on a disc for me.  I thought that would be cool, and plan on doing it.

Only one more chemo to go, this coming Friday.  Can't wait to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment