Friday, February 24, 2012

Chemotherapy #9

I am done with 9 out of 12 of my chemo therapies.  I am ready to be done, have to get through three more and then hopefully I am done and cancer free.  This last one was the same as the few before, homework and got my dad his own recliner to sit in.  We did get the results of my latest PET/CT scan though, however we did not get to see the image.  The computer was real slow.  We were told that next time we will be able to see it.  The report was good news, the cancer is shrinking!  By a lot from the sounds of it.  I don't think I completely understood what he said, but I think seeing the image of the scan will help a lot.  He threw out these numbers for the sizes of the stuff inside of me, they were all a lot smaller.  The ENT that diagnosed and did my surgery said himself that he couldn't feel any lymph nodes in my neck anymore.  It's nice not to have a huge lump on the side of my neck anymore, I can live with a scar.  One of the nurses there at the cancer center who has been with this since I have been going there came by real excited after reading the report herself, so that made me and I'm sure my dad feel even better about it.

My oncologist did however say that when we finish my chemo therapies, and I'm assuming after another scan, will talk to a radiologist and see if they need to radiate anything.  Hopefully it won't be necessary, but I have been told by a few people that radiation is easier on you than chemotherapy.

2 comments: