Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chemotherapy #8

February 3rd was my eighth chemotherapy, marking the end of cycle four.  Four more to go, two more cycles. This one, I think my Dad will agree, was the quickest we have been in and out of there yet.  Once we got in with the doctor it felt like time flew by.  I was given this stuff called Magic Mouthwash this time for mouth sores / sore throat.  It is really thick and tastes awful.  I've only used it once so far, and it made my mouth numb.  Kind of like at the dentist.

I like that I can pick the room we go into at Altru.  At Coborn they chose for you.  I got a room with two recliners again, one for me and one for Dad.  We both had our own TV's too, however I didn't use mine.  Just like last time I spent the entire time doing school work.  Have to keep up, don't want to fall behind.

My PFT and PET/CT scan now have dates on them.  Feb 13th - PFT.  Feb 15th PET/CT.  Also, our flight has been booked!  Taylor and I plan to spend spring break visiting her grandparents in Arizona.  This is something I am looking forward to.  We will go for the week, and I will come back and have I believe my second to last chemo, #11.  I will be wearing a mask on the plane, and Taylor says she will wear one too so I won't have to do it alone.  I have talked to the doctor about it back a month or so ago, but plan to bring it up to him again next time I am in to let him know that I'll be out of state for the week.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear everything is going well, I know your benefit is this weekend, and I'm sad I cannot make it :(

    What's the mask for exactly? Just protects you from all the germs on a plane?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that's exactly what the mask is for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, good thinking, enjoy your time in AZ! :D

    ReplyDelete